- RSS Channel Showcase 1444599
- RSS Channel Showcase 1261457
- RSS Channel Showcase 1396494
- RSS Channel Showcase 7763382
Articles on this Page
(showing articles 1 to 10 of 10)
- 10/12/16--07:08: _Free Will
- 10/25/16--14:02: _How does a baby’s b...
- 11/30/16--04:52: _NE goes computation...
- 12/14/16--01:00: _More than Humans? T...
- 01/10/17--03:45: _3 practical thought...
- 01/24/17--03:00: _Synchronization in ...
- 02/13/17--07:38: _NYC Neuromodulation...
- 03/06/17--00:48: _The first Brainpoly...
- 05/07/17--10:00: _Watch your brain at...
- 06/15/17--00:58: _Starlab joins the R...
(showing articles 1 to 10 of 10)
Enobio. Wireless, lightweight, comfortable and rechargeable systems allow for mobile EEG and 3-axis accelerometry data capture wirelessly or on a SD card.
- 10/12/16--07:08: Free Will
- 10/25/16--14:02: How does a baby’s brain work?
- 11/30/16--04:52: NE goes computational at ICANN
- 12/14/16--01:00: More than Humans? The Ethical Debate about Neuroenhancement
- 01/10/17--03:45: 3 practical thoughts on why deep learning performs so well
- 02/13/17--07:38: NYC Neuromodulation 2017
- 03/06/17--00:48: The first Brainpolyphony concert
- 05/07/17--10:00: Watch your brain at TalkingBrains!
Next week I will attend a panel about Free Will, in which a group of neuroscientists, physicists and philosophers from Harvard University and MIT will tackle questions like: What is free will? Does it exist? If so, how is it generated? Do animals have free will? How can one make moral decisions without free will? […]
“Will you stay in our lovers’ story If you stay you won’t be sorry ‘Cause we believe in you” Kooks from Hunky Dory – David Bowie – 1971 David Bowie wrote Kooks when he received news of the arrival of his son Duncan Jones (aka Zowie Bowie). I am going to be a father too! […]
During the 6-9th of September, Barcelona was home to the 25th International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks or ICANN, the annual conference that brings together researchers from two scientific worlds: neurosciences and information sciences. As the scope of the conference is wide, it gathers specialists in Machine Learning algorithms and computational neurosciences, as well as […]
Can we force a suspect in a trial to undergo a scan of his/her brain to read his/her mind (e.g. a lie detector) and this must be objective evidence to the case? Can we force certain professionals (surgeons, pilots or people with important responsibilities) to take psychostimulants (e.g. methylphenidate) to ensure maximum performance and concentration, […]
The superior performance of deep learning relative to other machine learning methodologies has been commented in several forums and magazines in recent times. I would like to post today on three reasons that, in my opinion, are the basis of this commented superiority. I am not the first to comment on this issue , and […]
Nature has a beautiful tendency to coordinate things. If two pendulum clocks are hanging from the same beam, they start moving in the same way. In a similar way, women that spend time together have a tendency to synchronize their menstrual cycles, or fireflies in the woods that are flashing synchronously. Many researchers have tried […]
During January 13-15th 2017, New York was home to the third NYC Neuromodulation conference focused on technology and mechanisms for brain stimulation in areas that include transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS), transcranial alternating current stimulation (tACS), transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), deep brain stimulation (DBS), and other emerging areas. The conference took place […]
Last December the 10th in Barcelona we were happy to present the first Brainpolyphony Orchestra Concert. Brainpolyphony is a project born thanks to the collaboration of CRG, University of Barcelona and Starlab with the goal of giving voice, or in this case music, to people with severe communication difficulties. Patients with neurological diseases such as […]
We all think, we all talk, we all communicate and navigate this world but we barely take some time to watch and observe the signals that come out of our own brain. This time, Starlab® and Neuroelectrics® have worked together to develop a brain monitoring and experimental setup within the exhibition of the TalkingBrains, powered […]
Science is advancing in Catalunya, which is reflected through the creation of RIS3CAT communities. These communities arise from a new EU-funding program (ERDF), a fund that aims to develop R&D projects and support the association between diversified entities for the advancement of the society. Our community, called NextHealth, encloses a group of […]